mine has 2 eyes
chalice contest1.jpg
chalice contest2.jpg

Tank Info:
46 bow with a 30 sump with fuge
Lighting4 t5 ATI
Test water every 2weeks
Water change 10 gal bi weekly

Looks like mine has 1 eye and maybe one on its way.
image.jpg
Better pictures coming

Okay, here is the embarrassing part. I thought this thing was already dead seeing I did not get home until about 9pm the night of the meeting. I see no eyes and the tips are white. I guess things can only go up from here.

55g, (4)bulb T5, 5g sump
Dipped in Iodine for ten minutes
Water changes-when I am in the mood.

Chalice3.jpg

chalices are pretty resilient. If you are real concerned about white edges, cut them off. I can tell you I have had a chalice get partially buried in the sand and die back. As soon as it was unburied, the skeleton started to get grown back over. Maybe even more easily since the coral didn't have to grow the skeleton.

Here is mine sorry for the bad pic I will try and get a better one later. It has 3 eyes they are hard to see in this pic.

my system:
80g Deep Blue Rimless tank
60-70# of live rock and 80# Black sand
2-AI HYdra 52s w/Director Controller
Full Apex Controller
90g sump w/cheato and liverock
100g stock tank w/liverock
2 skimmers I don't always run both. The G3 is down at the moment needing an impeller.
ASM G3 skimmer
MTC skimmer
Pro Calcium model PCCR Calcium Reactor
PH 8.1
ALK 9
Calcium 420
Water changes when i can it's tough to do with my bad back. I am in the process of setting up something more automated.

Attachments

• IMG_0899a.jpg
    IMG_0899a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 349
Won't have a pic till tomorrow but looks like I'm beginning to get another mouth. Starting to get the faint color of orange in another spot. May just be my imagination lol. Hopefully not I'll get a pic up tomorrow to get everyone's opinion

Sorry for just posting now, but I am out :( It looked very bad the day after it was in the tank. It's 100% gone now. I think it was in the cold too long.

Sorry for just posting now, but I am out :( It looked very bad the day after it was in the tank. It's 100% gone now. I think it was in the cold too long.

I am sorry of hearing that.

My 2 new eyes are still there. I also have tissue growing around the sides.

Daniel

Here's my system, finally.... long couple of weeks

75 gallon RR / 29 gallon sump/refugium

Lighting is gen1 radios, programmed moonlights to 20k to 10k to a purplish 20k look then to sunset/moonlights

Skimerless, fuge is loaded with chaeto and grape callerpa.

Currently dosing. Seachem alk, calc, and mag. I will get params up this weekend and update it bi-weekly

10 gallon weekly water changes

Here's the frag in my tank. It currently has one eye.

Sorry for the horrible pic, can barely see the eye

D616A2C7-52E4-4EC0-A878-34DBA50AF851_zpsykxu44yy.jpg

Last edited:
39 gal tall 20 gal sump 150 w 14 k mh 2 coral blue t5 alk 10, ph 8 Cal 280 mag 1280 lights on 10 hours

Here's mine. It spent a week under my rocks before I was able to find it. I thought I had lost it. I have move it to my frag tank since then it has started to grow skin over se of the scheleton and is now overflowing off the sides... I have only done one water change. Haven't made any other adjustments. Its a little brown due to being in the dark.

When I first got it:

Now:

My eyes seems to got a little bigger. Took it off the frag plug and mounted to rock.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417657992.843257.jpg
Pic sucks. Got a new mirror less camera to Try out. Hoepfully I can get better shots

I am out as well.

Two weeks and there is pretty much nothing left.

I think mine was in the car too long as well. Six hours, no eyes and very rusty looking in color. The structure seem to be building, but the flesh just deteriorated.

Okay, here is the embarrassing part. I thought this thing was already dead seeing I did not get home until about 9pm the night of the meeting. I see no eyes and the tips are white. I guess things can only go up from here.

55g, (4)bulb T5, 5g sump
Dipped in Iodine for ten minutes
Water changes-when I am in the mood.

View attachment 102175

Took a picture of our frags this morning with just the blue led strip on. Looks like my frag is up to 6-7 eyes and KidsX up to two:

WP_20141205_08_50_23_Pro.jpg

ETA - No change to position of either frag. Still doing just a 10G water change each week. No dosing. My T5s are about 8 months old; have some new ones on order and will replace them when they come in. In the RSM C-250 media rack I'm running Chemipure Elite, Purigen, and when I have it, a chunk of Polypad Filter.

Last edited:
Finally getting my Chalice picture up. It had 1 eye when I got it and now I can see another one popping up.

chalice grow out.JPG

I am running a basic setup up since I moved a couple months ago. 2 MP40s, sump, skimmer, 8 T5s (Pacific Sun Diuna), Manual water Top-Offs, no additivies.

Higor

Last edited by a moderator:
Back