2014 Official Boston Reef SPS Growout

jason401

Non-member
A big THANK YOU to Greg from Underwater World, for donating these awesome corals. :applause:

As stated before, the members that were locked in the contest before the deadline must have been present at the meeting to pick up your free contest coral.

The contestant with the most coral growth wins. Coral growth will be measured by any type of ruler held next to the coral.

And here are the RULES:

- Post your setup, your tank maintenance and treatment of incoming corals
- Take a photo of the frag within 2 weeks of acquiring it.( regardless of treatment administered and condition of the tank, no Photoshop)
- Continue to monitor you system with bi-weekly or monthly photos of the coral and status updates and changes made to your system.
- At the end of the allotted time frame we will judge the best grow out and declare a winner. Time frame will be 6 months which will be around the Sept 2014 meeting.
- Prize is $50 GC to the sponsor of your choice.
- Lastly have fun that is what this is all about...

Here's a list of who's in :cool:

Higorc
Gobywankenobie
S_kelley
Dannyp02908
Platehead
Fishwaste
Turbosnail
bdaley
Marshal O
wpeterson
mrjantzen
Fishport
Jdmitch
Wilfx
Joego2
Moose
jamesdong009
Dillagaf29
Fish123
Jason401
ro_nicu
SilverWolf229
CaptainHook

Last edited:
Here's Bdaleys (I merged them)

System is:
58 rr
240mh 14k 15" from the top of the water line.
20gal sump w/ECO M. mud
skimmer

image.jpg

I do 10 gal water change ever 2 weeks, and add what is needed to keep the water quality up.

Here's mine, it's a 60 rimless deep blue shallow display w a 150g basement sump. I change 20-40 gallons every other week, when I'm not lazy. But I'm lazy! For lights I have a photon 48 reef breeder led. The frag is on my sand bed out of direct light for now.

Let's try this again! :D

No dip going in, tank specs are in my sig below, 30G water changes once a month and Pac Sun Pandora S light upgrade around the corner :rolleyes:. Let's see how that goes... :cool:

Higor

uploadfromtaptalk1394653900336.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394653915348.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:
What about if we all put a "Front Shot" of our DT? I would love to know what I am up against! ;)

I will start-

Higor

mine isn't in the DT, just my basement frag grow out tank. My orange spots are in my DT lol

That was def not a fair fight lol. I can only imagine it was quick and painless since the nem is about 8 inches across.

I am liking my photon 48, I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the price, but I have seen almost all my frags fully encrust and I am only running the whites at 50% and blues at 80% over a 10 hr day.

strawberry1.jpg

Here's my frag. It's on the sandbed under leds.

Attachments

• strawberry1.jpg
    strawberry1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
I am liking my photon 48, I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the price, but I have seen almost all my frags fully encrust and I am only running the whites at 50% and blues at 80% over a 10 hr day.

I like mine too but stayed at 20w and 30b higher was bleaching things

Back