Need Pics of cabinets

Michael Mota

Non-member
As some of you may know I am putting together my 125 reef system. I have come to a stumbling point and need help. I am trying to work out the details of the cabinet and how I would like it to look. So I ask if you folks could post pics of your stands/hoods/cabinets that would be a great help in giving me some ideas.
Thanks
Michael

Here's my canopy for my 125
8869100_1077-med.JPG

And open
8869100_1080-med.JPG

I need to take one of the stand but it is the same design, just taller.

Nice!

I'd look at Liam's too - he's got a really nice setup that he made. He had a whole thread on it with lots of pics.

Here are some pics during construction.

Attachments

• PICT0262 sump-small.JPG
    PICT0262 sump-small.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 110
  • Canopy-small.jpg
    Canopy-small.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 119
a few more. What exactly is your problem?

Attachments

• PICT0263 (Medium) (2).JPG
    PICT0263 (Medium) (2).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 101
  • CanopyDone (Small).JPG
    CanopyDone (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT0262 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0262 (Medium).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0296 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0296 (Medium).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0298 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0298 (Medium).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 112
I am looking for ideas as far as moldings and different style doors, You know the stuff that makes the cabinet complete and nice.
Thanks to all who posted pics it has been helpful.
Look at oceanic.com . they have some nice cabinets with ideas for crown mouldings on the hood etc.

God Jim - I get so jealous when I look at those pictures! Not only is your tank flawless, but your cabinetry is really nice too! Do you still have a pic somewhere of that really cool thing you did to the top of the canopy?

Thanks guys and gals, some good sites. The problem I have is this is not a simple stand for a tank. It will be a whole wall unit with two cabinets on the side of tank. I have gotten some really good ideas from all and thanks to all for the help. I am off to design the rest of the system.
Mike

Hi Nicky,

I made the top a wood grill, effective in getting the heat out.

Jim

Last edited:
Back