Nick's Reef

I was thinking about tiling around the feet.

Here's the stand in its location and the planned fish room behind it. I started the basement end of this summer with rigid foam covering the foundation concrete. Then framed it. After I finished the strapping for the ceiling, I got lazy. I just started to work on it again last weekend by doing the electrical. After the electrical and light fixture are done, I'll tackle the plumbing. I need to get a sink in the fish room and water line for the RO/DI. Then get it inspected before I insulate the walls. I might hang the drywall myself but I will most likely call someone to mud it. Or maybe I'll call someone to do both.

IMG_4026.jpg

Update on the new tank? No, it's in the garage. I haven't worked on the basement since. Waiting for better weather. Don't be surprise if the new tank won't get set up until the summer.
The current tank is doing great though. I will snap a couple pictures this weekend and post it up.

Update on the new tank? No, it's in the garage. I haven't worked on the basement since. Waiting for better weather. Don't be surprise if the new tank won't get set up until the summer.
The current tank is doing great though. I will snap a couple pictures this weekend and post it up.
Thank you do much.

Some picture from today. Pardon the dirty glass and the boxed sailfin(A member is picking it up next week)
I feel that the tank is progressing very well. It has only been 18months since it was set up.

FTS
original.jpg

From the side
original.jpg

From the other side
original.jpg

I'm tired of all the name of the acros so just look at them and enjoy. Send me PM if you really want the name of it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wow!! Awesome colors and beautiful tank Nick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting back into the hobby again and just seeing this for the first time lol. I just read the post from front to backc and that is a beautiful show tank, i really like the growth. Now I see the difference using star fire glass so crisp and clear it's as if there is no glass. Can't wait to see your new setup nice job.

The Tank is Stunning, i love the elegence. What are your plans for this tank, once the new tank is set up?

Thanks guy.
This tank will be running in parallel for the first month or two or how ever long I need for the new tank to be cycled and ready for livestock transferred. After that, it will be belonged to someone else.

Starfire is the way to go. However, I do find it a little more easy to make a scratch than regular glass. By definition, starfire is low iron which makes it softer than regular glass.

Hi Nick,

nice pics as always.

what kind of lighting are on this tank?

i see lots of bubble algea, i dread those and looking for a small rabbitfish to take care of the problem.

Back