Nick's Reef

The only reason I mentioned it is because I've been there and knocked the damn ed drill but caught it at the last sec. For me it was a 4 foot drop toward the sump.

Wow, first I saw that sick pearl berry colony and then that tank, that thing is awesome!!
Did they end up taking the other one?

They picked up the previous tank when they dropped this one off. There was too much value in the glass for them to just not take it back.

Looks like a keeper this time. The silicone job is 1000x better than the previous one I received. Still not Elos perfect but still very good.

The depth is incredible.
View attachment 108063

4 holes drilled on the peninsula side on the Eurobrace. If I can get away without putting a powerhead on this side, it would be terrific.
View attachment 108064

Bean Animal style overflow.
View attachment 108065

Went with external Overflow so that I can have more space aquascape
View attachment 108066

72"x48"x24".
View attachment 108067

Wow that thing is a beast. Such a nice looking tank. Can't wait to see it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot to do before I can transfer the tanks. I'm finishing my own basement and it has taken quite some time. Just wired up the electrical last weekend. Still need to do plumbing, heating and cooling before I can call for dry wall. Hopefully this tank will motivate me to get the basement done quicker.
Should I put the tank on the concrete before the flooring or do the flooring(tile) first?

Congrats on the new tank... look great! I would put in concrete first due to the weight, your tank will be like 5k of weight. I afraid it might crack on tile : )

Don't know type of tile your using but I would tile first, if by any chance you cracked a tile, which I doubt, its an easy job to repair it.

Jim

Sweet tank...congrats.... Personally I'd tile first.. that is your opportunity to be sure the floor is perfectly level..

are you wiring a dedicated circuit for the tank...

Yes. The tank and fish room will get its own 20A circuit.
I still plan on running MH and T5 so will need the extra juice from the grid.

Should I create a new separate build thread for this new tank?

Def agree, tile first and do a new build thread. Heck do a basement/fishroom/build thread. I always like seeing how people do stuff, get great ideas that way

What if you cut the tile where the legs will go.

The concrete under the stand will be visible?

Amazing tank !!!

What if you cut the tile where the legs will go.

The concrete under the stand will be visible?

Amazing tank !!!

If it isn't visible you can just go over the concrete. I was thinking ...... if the tile Crack can produce an unbalance of the tank ?

Back