2013 Official BRS Growout

Mine hasn't grown at all and that drive up to that meeting is too far for me. If you guys wanna see it I'll bring it to the November meeting in Taunton though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

I was thinking maybe we could judge them by photos. Mines doing well and I hate to disturb it. I started with 2 heads and now have 5-6 with a few babies and nice red color.i would have attached new photos, but I am sending this from a beach in Punta Cana. Sorry, but I just had to rub it in. B)

Ooooh punta Cana! Wish I was back there again!
Yeah I'm prob not going to the meeting either but could submit picks or bring to the Taunton one.

We can most definatley judge the acans by pictures :) winners will have to go to a meeting in the near future to claim your prize.

And a little insider growout FYI, we'll be having another contest right after this one ends :) So, if your luck didn't work out to well with acans, be sure to try the batch. More info on that after this contest finalizes

As some of you might know, I'm fighting an out break of the "Devil's Algae" in my DT! The dreaded Bryopsis! :mad:

Anyways to make a long story short, I have been dipping what ever I can in Hydro Peroxide and the other week I lost a lot of frags because I let it soak go to long.

Almost lost the Contest frag... A couple of the heads melted away :banghead: So it's pretty safe to say no one has to worry about me winning...

uploadfromtaptalk1381669725636.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1381669752419.jpg

Higor

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Yeah careful with hydrogen peroxide. It can really mess things up. Been there done that. Lol. That's actually how I got palythoa toxica once. Not fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

IMAG0241.jpgIMAG0242.jpgIMAG0247.jpgI count 7 full heads and 2 babies. 5 heads are full size 1", and 2 are 1/2 - 3/4"and fully formed. Unfortunately I cant make it to the meeting today. I have F.F.F. / triple F (forced family fun).

Mine is still 2 adult heads and 1 baby head. No new growth. I'm going to drop out of the contest (clearly nowhere near a winner) and put it into the 40g with the best interest in the corals health and survival in mind.

We'll give it another day or two to get some head count pics up. New contest is just around the corner.

This next contest is going to be put in the 40g for sure. Lol. I'm assuming the next contest will be started at the Taunton meeting?

Mine is looking worse. I did a wc and cleaned the tank so I could take a nice picture, and now it's not opening as much. I think I may have scraped too much coraline off at once because the water actually turned pink. My acan is still puffy, but not nearly as much as before.

Back