Anyone Want to Group Order Acan Lords?

jschiavi

Non-member
I really love these acan Lords, just hat the prices in the North East.
I was wondring if anyone wants to use a supplier such as Roes (http://www.roesmarineworld.com/) or another supplier to get some Acan Lords up to the New England area. I figure we could get them for about 55$ per polyp if we had a group buy and ordered about 10 different frags/colonies.

Im not patial to Roes, but theyre WYSIWYG, and they also are the only person on the east coast who offers Acan Lord polyps for less than 150$ per polyp. Anyone else know of a cheaper place? I woud be willing to organize the group buy, put up the money for the order, once I have all the payments, and either hold or deliver the frags.

Also, if anyone knows another supplier who could get acan lords for a better price on a group buy, it would be a good idea to use them. Last I heard/asked, most people/suppliers only had Acanthastrea echinata or sub-echinata.

Regards,
John
[email protected]
781 354 6826

You can get other items if you like from the distributer... as long as we make the shipping minumum to get lowered shipping per-piece. (economy of scale)

Last edited:
I wish I could, but have to wait another 2 weeks for pay day. Getting paid every 2 weeks has it's good points and it's bad points.:(

Ok, looks like were going to shoot for 2-3 weeks from now if we get enough people on board. Check out the suppliers website, I know I will be getting acans, but you can get anything. we need to make a 10 item minimum. I think as of now, we have 4 or 5 items, depending on what Jackie wants....

jschiavi said:
Ok, looks like were going to shoot for 2-3 weeks from now if we get enough people on board. Check out the suppliers website, I know I will be getting acans, but you can get anything. we need to make a 10 item minimum. I think as of now, we have 4 or 5 items, depending on what Jackie wants....

I want it all! but will have to practice self control since I hope to get my new light in a couple weeks.:D

I"ve checked other sites but either the price was higher (not sure what shipping $$ was) or had low stock and not much to choose from.

I'm not sure if Roe is going to update his 'triple rares' or not, I can send him an email, he's pretty good about replies.

Well, we have myself and 2 others Online (Jackie and Reefermedic). All we need is 10 items, not 10 people, so feel free to PM or email me if you want to get in on the GB. Im sure we could probably get 10 items wth just the 3 of us (I think my girlfriend wants something for her tank too.) Let me know Guys.

Trying to fight the temptation. I may order as well depending on timeframe. I will let you know.

Wow... this is more of a response than I had thought we would get.....

To answer a few FAQ's

1) We are Ordering from: www.roesmarineworld.com
2) the time frame for this order will be aprox. 2 weeks from now. that puts us around the week of May 22. This is to allow for me to get in contact with Roe's,collect funds, set up the order, etc. Also, some people have requested time to get their $ in line.

One other note is that if we pay by money order, we get 10$ off per polyp. I didnt realize this before, but it's posted on the Roe's site. That means that we could get acan polyps for 45$ shipped, as single-polyp frags.

John Schiavi
[email protected]
781 354 6826

Last edited:
John, I got a conf. on my order this morning, and asked Tyrone when/if he would be updating the rare corals and he said sometime later this week, early next....

Just for everyone's information... I dont mind paying for this by putting it on a credit card, or through MO (which I think is what we will do b/c of the savings) but I will not be able to give you your livestock untill it is paid for. (Paypal include whatever percent it is which paypal takes out, I think it is 3% or 5%)

Also, if someone cannot come to Lexington/arrange a meeting on the day of delivery, the frags will have to go into my system. I dont mind holding stuff for people, just understand that I am not responsible for what happens if you need me to hold it.

*We will chose a day of delivery which will (hopefully) work for everyone. I do NOT want anyone to be frustrated with this process!*

1 Question though....How can we determine which color we are going to get? Is it going to be a grab bag or can we be specific. I know for myself I would love to get (Teal Neon #xr79 from page 3).

im going to contact Roes and ask him what the best way to order them is. I want people to get the speciffic frag they want.

I already placed an order with Roe's. It's shipping today so I'll hopefully have it very soon. I'll let you all know how the frags look. If they are really really good, I might join in for one more frag with your group buy. I'll let you know soon!

Chris

Back