Anyone Want to Group Order Acan Lords?

Acanlord-june.bmp

Not from roes, but its one of my new lord frags. Its supose to be red with blue stripes. I also have a mint green with a red circle thru it..but its not even a whole polyp frag so I wont post that.

Red with blue stripes sounds like a nice combo! But man, do they hack up those polyps when they frag them.

Yea, the mother colony is awsome. You can just barely make out the blue striping on it in my tank. I did get an added free half polyp with that rock though, the lady thought the polyp was dead and now it has meat :D yippie. Give it a month and I'll have a nice small colony going...man do these things eat!

How do you target feed? I tried using a turkey baster and squrting the mysis on them, but my critter go over and grab it.

Mine is on the sandbed too. Meemo, When I feed mine, I sqirt some food under the rocks first so the peppermint shimp and other critters leave the Acan lord. alone.

I put a net over my acans when I feed... But mine are so use to feeding now, when I stick my hand in they reach out to take the food.

Also mine start out a dark color in the morning and as the day goes on they fade. I have them on the bottom as well. I have 2 250MH's in a 56g tank that is 24" deep.

Has anyone had their coral turn a little white. At first I thought my emerald crab too a bit out of it so I banished him and this morning the white looks worse. This was after I moved the coral 2" lower to the sand bed a few days ago. Also what do they look like when they are splitting to make more. FYI this was one of the ROE's Group order after a few weeks.

Attachments

• acanlordpic2.jpg
    acanlordpic2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Back