In Wall 180 Project

deadhermitwalkin

Non-member
(Before I begin: For all that know me My spelling, and sentece structure is crap. I'm a car guy! =) So, you will have to wade thru the english issues to read the thread! Thanks! )

So, I am off again spending more $$$. Seems I am good at this.:D After the 125 being my first tank, and all I can truly say I learned a whole bunch. 1) Proper tank placement. 2) Room for storage. 3)There always a bigger setup:D

After telling my wife my idea of taking down the 125 can i begin to tell you how excited she was....She looked at me in amazement, and said "For a fish tank?" (We'll we're divorced now:eek: )j/k

I went with a 180 wide, and this was a struggle with myself over the 240, but I finally came to and thought that it would be just to crazy, and so I spent the extra on equipment, and things I needed in the fish room.

I wasn't making the mistake of putting the tank on the living room floor again (That was not good last time), and I wanted an area to expand, so I did the next best thing and headed south! To the basement! It is a finished basement that we used for storage: Old furniture, Keepsakes, Dust, and any other things the pack rat (wife) didn't want to throw out.

This is what i had to work with: Front room before

Attachments

• Front Before.JPG
    Front Before.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Those are the areas for i had to work with. Now for some equipment for this project. Some new! Some used!

Attachments

• Ac 3.JPG
    Ac 3.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 367
So now the fun started today. This was the start of makeing this dream come together. I asked you guys for ideas on a $5000 fishroom, and of course you we're right. It just can't be done! Not even close. :D This Hobby makes you do way to crazy things!!

So..Construction began today, and here are some pics from that:

I love this Clam tank. it is only 10 inches deep, and square.

Attachments

• clam2.JPG
    clam2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Fish room.

Note top left ceiling. Thats the damage from my 125. Talk about Reeking Havoc!

Attachments

• fish room.JPG
    fish room.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
My new hole on the fishroom side for the 180.

Stand, and rest of frameing to be done monday!:eek:

Attachments

• fishroom hole.JPG
    fishroom hole.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Back