In Wall 180 Project

Yes Em'. Thats the plan for now. Still waiting on lighting to get here, and the tank of course. Still tossing around a closed loop before it is to late...:D

Dont you think it is a little risky to have them all connected? I would "try" and at least split it into two systems. What do you think?

Dale they also make them in 15 inch depth to. I almost did a 48x48x15.
LOL I haven't even tried to think of the Ebill yet.:eek:

I am putting in another Breaker box. With 7 single dedicated lines to the box, and 5 inline with each other. All Ground fault protected. I should have no power issues.

Back up power will be 3 APC 1500's. They are sitting here ready to fire up.:)

15 deep that would be great do they euro brace it. also who? made it.

you may want to look at a generac,a system of that size will kill those apc's in minutes.
Does that model APC produce a true sine wave?
Humidity is going to be a major concern as is keeping the heat down.
Get ready to bend over for the electric bill:D
good luck though:)

Thanks Liam...That battery back ups is just a quick fix. I will do a generator in the spring.

I took a page from your book on the lighting for the prop tanks...with t5's. MH will grace the Clam tank, and 175 MH retros on 2 other tanks.
My 180 will have my same Geissman from my 125 over it 3 x 250 MH with T5 retro's. The Baracuda won't help much. Nor will the 3 sedra on the g6.

Chiller is on it's way!;) Good thing about the basement is: Cool in the summer..almost 15 - 20 degree diff. From upstairs.

you may want to look at a generac,a system of that size will kill those apc's in minutes.
Does that model APC produce a true sine wave?
Humidity is going to be a major concern as is keeping the heat down.
Get ready to bend over for the electric bill:D
good luck though:)

yup
yup also the dehumidifyers put out a ton of heat atleast the big ones do hope you have zoned central ac:

Last edited:
yup
yup also the dehumidifyers put out a ton of heat atleast the big ones do hope you have zoned central ac:

No Central Ac... The drop ceiling will also be removed, and eggcrate like ceiling will go in. That should help a little, any ideas for the walls around the 180?:confused:

If I were to do an in wall I would remove the sheet rock and replace with durarock, tape the seams with mortar or sand finish concrete. This will give you a water proof surface. Looks like you have a nice window for an air conditioner. A fan if you see actual moisture buildup.

Looks nice Marc

If I were to do an in wall I would remove the sheet rock and replace with durarock, tape the seams with mortar or sand finish concrete. This will give you a water proof surface. Looks like you have a nice window for an air conditioner. A fan if you see actual moisture buildup.

Looks nice Marc

Ya Greg...I have been thinking about this very issue. Will have to nip that in the bud now.:(

I will take the drop ceiling out, and replace it with a egg crate type plastic one.;)

Also more pics of the electric work will be added next sat. night.

Just can't wait to hear the sound of running water again.

Ohhhh, and I made up mind. Closed Lood with 2 darts timed on th Aqua controller 3.:D

Ohhh by the way x10.com would sell more items without all the dumb Pop ups!!!:eek:

You can get moisture resistant drywall that would work well around the tank - same stuff that's used in bathrooms. Hit that with some exterior paint and you should be good to go from splashes as well as humidity.

To deal with heat and humidity, look for a way to directly vent outside....or into the rest of the house during the winter. I'm planning on ducting a fan to my light hood and sucking all that hot air right out through the wall while pulling cooler air from the basement.

the durarock Greg mentioned is the stuff used in bathrooms (I'm pretty sure)

lookin good Marc - better sell some cars to stock that pig!!! :)

Durarock is the stuff they put down on bathroom floors or shower walls before laying tile - effectively sheets of concrete. It's real heavy and porous so mortar can stick well. It might work on walls but would be a nightmare to work with.

Update Pics

Stands done, Frame needs some stain, but getting there:

Attachments

• DSC03456.JPG
    DSC03456.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 246
Ups Delivered today even in this Crap weather. Got my T5 retro kits, and bulbs. Like X-Mass everyday here! It won't when the CC bill comes in.

Sign

Little shop in Exeter, NH make these cool signs. I picked this one to go above, or below the tank...;)

Attachments

• DSC03462.JPG
    DSC03462.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 228
Back