The Rebuild Begins.......

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
This a real head scratcher. Not happy if this is the case.

I ordered 6 medium sized foundation rocks, 3 small foundation rocks, and 65lbs of shelf rock.

This looks a little light to me. What you guys think.

Last edited:

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
Did you weigh it yet?
Doing that next.

Put it this way. The foundation rock is sold in pieces. I ordered 9 of those alone.

Thats 14 pieces shown in the pic minus the smaller broken off pieces. That would suggest that 5 of those pieces equal 65lbs.

The medium foundation are suppose to be 9-13” each and 4-7 lbs.

Small foundation are 4-9”

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
I know that rock is pretty dense but I don’t see 65 lbs of it
It makes more sense if this was just the foundation rock but tracking shows 1 number for everything of 4 boxes total.

I just weighed. Granted im taking my weight plus the rock minus my weight so give or take a few lbs i came up with 66lbs. 4-8lbs average per piece.

The weight per piece seems more in line with the foundation rock. I never ordered either so I cant say for sure.

Even if you take their min for foundation at 6pcs thats 24 lbs. The small at 3 pieces min is 6lbs. Thats easily 30lbs not there.

BiGGiePauls33

IG/GreatBeardedReef 2020 President, 2019 BOD
Staff member
BRS Member
Officer
I ordered 50lbs reef saver and it came as like 3 big 3 medium and a couple tiny ones.

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
Was hoping to have my rock work done by now. If you can believe it I still do not have all my foundation rocks. Three shipments have been sent with one rock in each. Im still owed 5 pieces.

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
Wish I had more updates but once again the build has slowed due to just a lot of other things going on.

I was playing around with some floss cup ideas the other day. I am going to be switching from filter socks.

Ran it a little and wasn't fully happy with results. Have a few more things I want to change to optimize. I do like the cover but when the floss starts getting dirty it basically deflect that water over the cup.

I want to add a piece to go down the center to force the flow throw the floss from the middle rather through the top.

78CE8BBF-1D01-48E0-B86C-FB807E9EE2EC.jpeg
E1FE5D71-CE4C-4DA2-B79D-8E952FAAC404.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Sunday March 22, 2019
March Meeting