Search results

1. Brewmaster

Worm

I’ve had these guys in my tank for 14 years. They don’t get any bigger than this.
  2. Brewmaster

Mixing station build

Anyone use these for rodi/salt mixing station? Going for a clean look.
  3. Brewmaster

Gone 29 biocube complete setup $50

Just transferred some of my live rock and livestock to new tank. The biocube is 14 years old. It has no visible scratches in the glass. It comes with upgraded return pump, heaters, Coralife day night timer, current 150MH light fixture and reef fanatics ATO. I’ll include the original top with...
  4. Brewmaster

Gone 14 year established 29 biocube. $250

Getting out for now. This tank is complete with stand, 150 current metal halide fixture, vortech mp10, auto topoff system and all live rock, softies and live sand. Great tank to seed a new setup. I will let this go for pennies on the dollar. Located in Dracut MA $250 obo
  5. Brewmaster

Help, the Ballast died on my 20" 150MH sunpod tonight.

Anyone have something I can use till I get a new ballast? Thanks, Jim
  6. Brewmaster

Need help asap tank is leaking!

Got up this morning and found a small puddle of water in front of the tank. If someone has a tank I could use to save my livestock that would be great. I'm open to other suggestions also. The tank that is leaking is a 29 biocube that is only 5 month old. Thanks, Jim
  7. Brewmaster

Clown jumped

My first fish in the new tank and it leaped to it's death 6 hours after being put in tank. The fish was a gold striped 1" clown. Is this common for clowns? Jim
  8. Brewmaster

Is it possible to cycle a tank in two weeks?

I set up a new 29 biocube 15 days ago with 15 lbs LR and 20 lbs LS over 25 lbs aragonite. Tested today for ammonia, trites and trates and all are zero. Cheers, Jim
  9. Brewmaster

Opinions on 29g Oceanic biocube

Thinking about purchasing one of these. Anyone here have experience with this system? Cheers, Jim
  10. Brewmaster

My Yellow Tang is getting attacked

I've had this fish for about a month and I think the Clown is attacking it. The tail of the tang is missing several chunks and now there is a white stringy stuff on the tail and on the dorsal fin. What should I do with it? Thanks, Jim
  11. Brewmaster

Cloudy tank after dosing with calcium

Is this normal? I dosed yesterday at about 5:00PM. Today when the lights came on it was cloudy. I used Seachem Reef calcium. Thanks, Jim
  12. Brewmaster

Just hung my lights!

OK my lighting is hung:D What is the best way to acclimate my tank in habitants to the new lights? If I dont have screening material can I raise the lights higher? New lighting is 2X250W MH 14k phoenix bulbs. Thanks, Jim
  13. Brewmaster

Lighting ?'s

I'm upgrading my 72G bow front reef to MH lighting and have a few ?'s. I'm currently running 4X65 PC's and upgrading to two 250W Aqua Medic MH pendants with 14 K Phoenix bulbs. What lighting schedule would you guys recommend and how high above the tank should I hang them? Any other...
  14. Brewmaster

Aqua Medic 250W MH?

Does anyone have any experience with the Aqua Medic 250W HQI pendants? I'm looking into buying 2 for my 72G Bow reef. Thanks, Jim
  15. Brewmaster

Skimmer help

I installed my skimmer tonight that I bought from another brs member and no foam. I have the AquaC EV180 with a mag 7 pump. It is installed in sump and the water level in the sump is below the gate valve on thie skimmer. I understand there is a break in period for new skimmers but should I...
  16. Brewmaster

The tank was drilled last night.

Well after six months of running a 72G bow reef tank with two hang on marineland 400's, I have moved up in the addiction with a 20G L sump/fuge. I will also be running an AquaC EV-180 skimmer later this week once I get another pump to run the sump. I'm currently using the mag 7 for the return on...
  17. Brewmaster

My BTA split!

I was on vacation the last four days and my large (10") BTA split. I now have two 4-5" BTA and seven 1" BTA. These things are spliting all the time in my tank. How long before moving these small 1" BTA out of my tank? I dont need/ want 9 BTA. Cheers, Jim
  18. Brewmaster

Where did my clown go?

This morning I got up and no clown in the tank. I looked all over and no clown. :confused: :confused: I have a 72g bow front with assorted soft corals, mushrooms and a large BTA(about 8"). Is it possible that the large BTA ate the clown that was hosting it?
  19. Brewmaster

Reef Deal 72g bow on craigslist

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bar/332401303.html
  20. Brewmaster

Help me pick a sump for my 72G.

I have a 72G bow front that is not drilled so I will be using a HOB overflow box. What sumps would you guys recommend and which ones should I stay away from? Thanks, Jim
Back