jamesdong009

Anthony
The winner of the current zoa growout contest will be determined at the April Meeting.

Let's start the new quarter with an SPS growout contest!

I will be providing this green millepora for the growout contest :)

Growout Green Mille.jpg

Here are the rules, which are subject to change, based upon previous contests:

- All participants must be paid members before receiving your coral
- Growout coral must be picked up in person at the April meeting
- Post your setup, your tank maintenance and treatment of incoming corals
- Take a photo of the frag within 2 weeks of acquiring it, regardless of treatment administered and condition of the tank (No Photoshop)
- Make sure to measure your frag with the ruler provided
- Continue to monitor you system with bi-weekly or monthly photos of the coral and status updates and changes made to your system.
- At the end of the allotted time frame, we will judge the best grow out and declare a winner. The time frame will be 5 months, which will be around the September 2016 meeting.
- Since the frags may vary in size, the winner will be chosen by the percentage new growth
- Prize is $50 GC to the sponsor of your choice.
- Lastly, Have Fun! :D

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFICIAL GROWOUT THREAD. YOU CAN HAVE THE MOST GROWTH BUT WITHOUT MONTHLY POSTS, YOU WILL NOT WIN THE CONTEST.

Please post below if you're interested in participating. The deadline for signing up will be April 8th. This is just the sign up thread.

An Official Growout Contest Thread will be made after our April Meeting.

Last edited:
Let's hope this grows faster than my palys! Count me in please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this up. There are plenty of frags to go around :).

For the list so far, I have:

1 - wilfx
2 - eaze333
3 - GobyWanKenobie
4 - aresangel
5 - Turbosnail
6 - Platehead
7 - BigZ
8 - nbpt27
9 - showard
10 - nemodan
11 - cilyjr

I would love to but I am not going to kill any more SPS corals, I need to get my tank straightened out before I add anymore SPS corals, its not fair to the corals or my wallet. Hoping to get a 50% water cahnge done this weekend to get my nitrates down then I just my ATO so that I can keep my skimmer running properly. :( I will have a stocked SPS tank one day

Don't forget to sign up for membership before the meeting, grow-outs are for paid members only.

Another friendly reminder to start submitting your final submissions for the previous grow-out!

This is the last week! A winner will be announced next week!

Back